What are anti-wrinkle injections?
You would probably recognise our anti-wrinkle injection formulation by its popular US trade name. They alleviate wrinkles caused by habitual and uncontrollable contraction of some of the tiny muscles of the face, which wrinkle up the overlying skin. Anti Wrinkle Injections are injected into the facial muscles to help relax muscle movement and soften lines and wrinkles. These injections are used to address three main conditions: Frown lines or worry lines; Crow’s feet or laugh lines; and. Forehead or surprise lines.
How It Works…
Anti wrinkle injections block the chemical signal that the brain sends to the muscle telling the muscle to contract. This means that when the brain says ‘squint, it’s sunny’, the muscles are saying ‘I can’t hear you’. In effect the treatment relaxes and lifts the muscle, softening the look of lines and giving a tighter, smoother appearance.
It generally takes 3 to 10 days after the treatment for the maximum to develop fully and re-treatment should not occur within that period. The effect generally lasts 3 to 4 months, although with regular treatments it may be possible to reduce the dosage. The treatment may be less effective for people over 60 due to poorer muscle tone.
- Reduce your Galabella known as Frown Lines
- Reduce your Crow’s Feet and crinkles
- Reduce Perioral, Smoker’s Lines and Marionette Lines
- Successfully treats facial nerve paralysis
- Effectively relieves migraine headaches
- Effectively reduces excessive sweating
- Effectively reduces twitching and muscle spasms in the neck and eye area
- Immediate results with a more youthful appearance
- No downtime – no surgery or incisions – in under 30 minutes
- Quick and affordable and you look and feel amazing almost immediately
- Dramatically reduces the visible signs of ageing, fine lines and wrinkles
- Applied by our highly trained cosmetic practitioners
- Only needs to be maintained once or twice a year
- Medications and supplements designed to increase blood flow may increase your risk of bruising, as will alcohol.
- Do not take blood thinning medications such as Aspirin and Nurofen for 3 – 4 days prior to treatment.
Avoid herbal or vitamin supplements for 7 days prior.
- Maximise facial activity for half an hour after treatment (facial gestures such as frowning, raising your eyebrows and squinting).
- This will attract the muscle relaxant to the tissue receptors.
Do not have facial treatments, rub or massage the treated area for 24 hours after your injectables. You may cleanse gently with cotton wool.
- Avoid lying face down for 4 hours.
- Do not undertake strenuous exercise on the day of treatment.
- Some clients experience a mild headache after anti-wrinkle injections. If this occurs, take Paracetamol as needed, but avoid Aspirin, Nurofen, Ibuprofen or other anti-inflammatory medication which could increase the risk of bruising.