Orthodontics in Annandale
Orthodontics, technically referred to as orthodontic and dentofacial orthopedics.
More popularly known as bad bite, malocclusion often result from dental anomalies and disproportionate jaw relationships. Orthodontic therapy is generally performed on misaligned teeth that need professional dental straightening.
Benefits of Orthodontic Treatment
The ultimate goal of orthodontic treatment is to create proper bite and a beautiful smile. A beautiful smile allows for improved self-esteem and nurturing social relationships. Proper bite, on the other hand, dramatically improves mouth function such as speaking, biting, and chewing.
Regardless of age, comprehensive orthodontic treatment offers tremendous benefits to those who need it. Apart from the above mentioned, other benefits of orthodontic treatment include:
- Improved facial shape and profile
- Better contraction between upper and lower teeth, thereby active prevention of unnecessary wear and tear
- Relief from jaw-joint pain
- Improved ability to brush and floss hard to reach dental corners
- Reduction in mouth-breathing and lip incompetence
How Does Orthodontic Treatment Work?
Orthodontics in Annandale generally make use of braces to gradually and methodically straighten otherwise crooked or misaligned teeth. Braces is done with ceramic and metal braces. There are essentially 2 types of dental braces popularly used is orthodontic treatment:
- Fixed braces, which mainly consist of brackets and band, are usually glued into the teeth. These brackets and bands hold flexible wires in place. These flexible wires are what mainly align and straighten the teeth over the course of treatment.
- Removable braces, as its name suggest, can be taken in and out of the mouth. Using an elaborate system of strings and wires, removable braces are used to correct less difficult cases. Removable braces can also be used together with fixed braces to address specific and more complex dental anomalies.
Dentist In Annandale
For high-quality orthodontic treatment, visit your local Dentist In Annandale at Teeth Plus Clinic. Providing a comprehensive range of high-quality dental procedures to the local Annandale community, Teeth Plus Clinic is a practice dedicated to helping its patients achieve healthy smiles that last a lifetime.
For health fund members, we charge NO GAP for check up, cleaning, x-rays and mouth guards.
If you’re not with a Private Health Fund, we offer you a FREE dental consultation!
Call us today at (02) 9519 4226 or book your appointment online to experience top-notch dentistry that cares for your entire family.
(We are located on Nelson Street, in the heart of Annandale and is open to all patients from Annandale, Camperdown, Glebe, Forestlodge, Leicchardt, Rozelle, Lilyfield, Enmore, Haberfield, Erskineville, Stanmore, Petersham and Marrickville)